Me: I can't wait to see what Santa's going to bring.
Kid who ruined it for me: You know Santa is your mom and dad, right?
Me: Of course I knew that. I meant "Santa" being my "mom and dad."
then,
I
went to the bathroom,
and cried.
It couldn't be true. So, when I got home from school I asked my dad. "Dad, this stupid kid at school told me that you and mom pretend to be Santa and Santa doesn't really exist. Is that true?" My dad crouched down to my level, faced me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Yes, honey. It's true."
then,
I
went to the bathroom,
and cried.
I supposed it's going to happen like that for Jocelyn, too. So, I wanted to make sure this year was extra special. She has started to ask questions like "how does Santa get the list of things I want?" I told her I send him an e-mail. I also bought different "Santa" wrapping paper. I also printed out the to-and-from labels on the computer so she couldn't compare the handwriting.
Ahhhh. The lengths we will go to to protect their innocence. Here's a few photos of our first "real" Christmas with all our kids home, healthy, and happy.
Every kid must start the day off with an instant breakfast. It's my own little way of saying, "there's absolutely no way I'm cooking breakfast. Ever. Here's your nutrition."
Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. Spencer got his pony. Thanks to Grandma Nancy...
A fight over the car will begin in 3... 2... 1...
This was, of course, before chaos ensued and my house was thrown into a sea of wrapping paper, screams of joy and cries of terror as Spencer's sippy cup was lost amongst the rubble.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your day was filled with as much love as ours was.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment