Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I think we're finally getting somewhere...


After over two weeks of "sleep training" I think they're finally getting the hang of it. They usually wake up about 3 or 4 in the morning and the plan was to just let them cry and under any circumstances DO NOT GO IN THERE. It was difficult getting to the point where I realized this was necessary but after I made the decision, it actually wasn't too hard. The other night I fell asleep and woke up when the babies woke up, about 3:45am. I was stumbling up the stairs to go to bed and guess who was in the babies' room? Jim! That's right. He said he just wanted to check on them and make sure they weren't caught in the crib... I tried to explain that there are 8 extremities in that room and at any given time, there's bound to be at least one sticking out of the side but it's hard to reason at 4 in the morning. When I woke up today though, they were both STILL sleeping! I couldn't believe it. Hopefully the 6 month mark is going to be a turning point for us. Either that, or it's the shots they got yesterday (hey, let's be hopeful it's good parenting instead).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I LOVE sleeping babies...