Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy (lack of) Independence Day!


The kids had their 4th of July parade today at their school and as the little kids were marching around the school singing "God Bless America," I started thinking about how independent would be one of the last adjectives I would use to describe myself right now. I used to think of myself as an independent person. Oh, how things have changed. I'm married, have three kids who demand almost all of my attention, a dirty house, full time job, volunteer responsibilities, friends in crisis, 12 loads of laundry a week and at the end of the day I don't even have the energy to pet my cat! Independence! HA! Co-dependent? Maybe. Dependend on each of these ties that bind? Definitely. Thank you to each of you for what you bring to me and my family. I hope never to be independent again... Following is the link if you want to look at all the pictures from the parade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgot my password...ao I am anoni-moose today.

Emma and I were checking out your blog. We love being able to see you all at the site. (ps, I couldn't get into the blog link you sent in email)

I am an AM radio talk show junkie in the car. All of the travelling I do for work, I can't stay tuned into FM all of the time, so there it is.

On to the independence....FISA?, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, North Korea, 2nd ammendment, 4th ammendment,gas prices, Anwar, Florida...this country is a mess. And, we are making a mess of other countries.

What do we celebrate today? Me? I am celebrating the concept of independence. Being able to make SOME choices. I am celebrating the wonderful people in my life. Tomorrow? Perhaps we should all consider what we can do to support this country..buy American products, use American oil while researching alternative energy sources, support our own, pray for our troops and assure they have proper care when they come home (I see the results, working with brain injury survivors)

Enough of the soap box. Love to you all from Emmaand I.

Oh, and by the by, John McCain is a woman hater. "keep em all barefoot and pregnant" "No choice, not pro-choice" (I needed to vent) tee hee.

Emma says Jocelyn can have the dress as soon as it doesn't fit! I wish I could remember where I bought it!

Unknown said...

Poor Simba! I bet he'd REALLY sit on my lap now!!! =)