Sunday, November 2, 2008

Worst Soccer Mom. Ever.


Jocelyn had her first soccer game of the seson yesterday. I misread the schedule and thought her game started at 3:30. We showed up, set up camp and Jocelyn was ready to go! Unfortunately, her game was at 12:30 instead. We realized this as we watched a bunch of soccer players all in yellow and green jerseys arrive at the field. Jocelyn's color is black. Her team name is the Black Widows.

Completely embarassed, Amber and I quickly and quietly tried to pack up our things and make a quick escape. Unfortunately, Jocelyn didn't want to leave so quickly and quietly. She started bawwwwling. One of the other soccer moms clearly saw what was happening and told us Jocelyn could play on their team so that she didn't miss her first soccer game. I could hear the tone in her voice. Condesending and clearly implying that SHE would NEVER have made such a horrible mistake. We switched out her jersey and she got to play with the Scorpions.

She had fun. I left after the game mortified... I've posted her schedule on the refrigerator so I don't make that mistake again!

3 comments:

Five Dollar Bill said...

What you should also never do again is misspell refrigerator.

Five Dollar Bill said...

Once a yearbook editor, always yearbook editor.

Marla Herrick said...

Ok, Bill. I'll change the damn spelling. Happy now? Hey! Let's do lunch soon.