Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ten Thousand Five Hundred Seconds

That's how long we waited in line for the doors to open to the VNSA book sale this morning. I got up at about 3:15 in the a.m. Arrived at the fairgrounds at 5:05 and waited in line for almost three hours to be in the first group of crazies to enter the doors and look for books books and more books. I love this sale! I've gone for most of the past 12 years and it's something that I look forward to every year.

I spent $182 and I bought 43 books. Most of them hardcover. I figure at normal price, that would have cost about $1,075. So, I saved 893 bucks! And who says I'm not a bargain shopper? I say another girly trip is calling our names...

This is "man hands." Um, I mean Nikki. What's she so cheery about? Oh, that's right, she's having a BABY! Sorry Seeka. I'm not keeping your secret very well... I'm just so DAMN excited for you!


Good Morning! And no that's not crime scene tape in the background there. There's coffee in that mug. Nothing else, I promise.


As you can see from the look on her face, Amber was absolutely shocked at some of the super crazy people that wake up so early and wait in line. Actually, I think she was just in mid-sentence but the first sentence is more fun.

As usual, Bill and Kim showed up late and used us so they could secure V.I.P. status for book sale entrance. Unfortunately, they showed up after the camera was put away so we have no pics of Bill and his many many books on his new hobby: Hot air balloons. Go Bill!

1 comment:

The Whyte House said...

I'm totally going w/ you next year. I have wanted to go for the last 3 years, but it usually falls on Cory's bday weekend and we've always been out of town. Looks like you got some great stuff!