Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tooth Fairy

Since Jocelyn first discovered that she had a loose thooth, she has begged me to pull it out for her. The thought of a wiggly tooth in her mouth kind of freaks me out so I stand by the "when it's ready to come out, it will come out" rule. Unfortunately, It came out when I wasn't there to be a witness. I'm greatful and disappointed at the same time. I know that if she were eating a corndog at my house instead of Ruth's the same thing would have happened. She would have finished her lunch, realized something was missing from her mouth and we would all figure out that she swollowed her tooth.

Her biggest concern was not whether that tooth would get stuck in her bowel system (as is my fear), but whether the tooth fairy will come whether or not there is a tooth to exchange. I told her tht the tooth fairy comes regardless if there's something to trade. Instead of her tooth, she put this letter that she's been saving ever since she found a loose tooth, to put under her pillow in her little red pouch for the "tooth fairy."

Don't worry, I'll translate: Dear Tooth Fairy; I am a very good girl. This tooth is worth a lot of money (five bucks) since it is my first tooth. Love, Jocelyn.


It's definitely not accounted for here. . .

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Claire just found out the tooth fairy is momma. (sigh) I did my best to change my handwriting but apparently the paper I used to create the elaborate card gave me away. Santa is the next to go...