Sunday, April 26, 2009

Portable DVD Player Inventor, We Want to Thank You.

After our 75 (ok 10) hour long road trip to Disneyland, we swore we would never travel again with all these kids unless we fly, or they are at least 3 years old and can be entertained by a portable DVD player.

This weekend, however, we went to see my Granny. Woot-woot! I haven't been up there to visit her in about two years. She has come to stay with me a couple times and was here when Spencer was sick but it's been a long time since we made the trip to see her.

It wasn't tooooo bad. The drive wasn't nearly as torturous as our last trip but Granny's house is not child-proofed at all. Which means we spent a significant amount of time taking something breakable out of one baby's hand then turning around and doing the same thing, then doing the same thing, then the same thing. Over and over and over.

Nonetheless. Granny was able to spend some quality time with three of her TEN great-grandchildren (mine are the cutest).

Highlights of our super fantabulous weekend trip, you ask? Well, here you go!


Jocelyn found a lizard. Safford's a really small town. When I was a kid, we used to catch butterflies to pass the time. Not much in the way of social entertainment round these parts.

This is Shorty. I bought him for my Granny about 7 years ago as a Christmas gift. He's one of those American Kennel Club certified Chihuahuas with all the papers and stuff. He was worth every penny. He has kept my Granny company for a very long time now. As you can see from the picture, he's a little overweight. He was put on a diet some time ago and gained 3 pounds (sounds like my diet). And, he doesn't like kids too well, so he was stressed out all weekend too.

I have no idea what's going on here. I'm pretty sure I was in the shower.

I didn't even give them any benadryl :)

3 comments:

The Whyte House said...

Cute photos. Don't you just love the portable DVD players? They are awesome!! I don't know how we'd handle a long car trip w/o one.

Nikki said...

Very cute, brave momma :) I was hoping to read about the billy goats...??

Rachel said...

I am so proud the Jocelyn is holding that lizard. Are you sure she's not mine and Claire's not someone elses?