Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Baby Shower Cathy!

This weekend we had a baby shower for my super duper friend Cathy and her soon-to-be-baby-boy, Ashton. I wanted to keep it simple. Just have some peeps over for drinks, gifts, good food and conversation.

I can honestly say that the day could not have gone better. Both for me, getting to see Cathy see her friends all in one place after being off of work duty for the last two months, and for Cathy to finally get the things she needed to get Ashton's room together. They're taking the baby in T-3 weeks so she was cutting it really close.

I've seen the room since the shower and it is absolutely ADORABLE. Monkeys is her nursery theme and, personally, I couldn't be more excited about that.

We had the jumpy house in the backyard for the kids, we BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs and had a grand 'ol time.

Thanks Cathy for letting me take over and plan this day for you. I think it was more stressful on Jim than anyone else. Although I LOVE to entertain, Jim was very tired from working a 24 hour shift and still managed to cook perfect hamburgers. Kudos.

Pictures of baby Royal coming soon...

No comments: