Today, Crystal, Amber, Jocelyn, the twins and I went to the mall after work. I have always told Jocelyn that after she turned 5 she could get her ears pierced. After she turned 5, she didn't want to have anything to do with it. She would tell me "maybe when I'm 16," or "maybe when I'm 12."
She's fascinated with the process of it all. Asking a MILLION questions about how much it hurts. "Like a shock at the doctor's?" "like if I pinch my ear like this?"
When we were pulling into the parking lot she decided that she just wanted to get it done. I said "okay" and we found a Claire's to do the job.
Here is Jocelyn, pre-piercing. You can see her confidence...
Here is Jocelyn while her right ear was about to be pierced. You can see her confidence waivering...
After all was said and done, I asked her to smile for the camera. Here she is, laughing and crying all at the same time.
3 comments:
She is sooooo brave.
With both my girls there were people to do both ears at once.
I am kind of shocked that they did not do that for her too.
PSA...keep them in as long as you can. The longer the better...believe me I am talking from experience here.
Those photos are so classic. I love the smiling/crying photo. She's a trooper!
Oh my gosh, this is such a cute series. I have the perfect frame for a series. It is a lot of glass to ship....
I made a friend's son hold Claire when she had her ears done. This way she was mad at him, not me!
Post a Comment