Cathy had her baby very early this morning. I was there until late last night and arrived early this morning. Just not early enough... Baby Ashton is spending some time in the NICU so he can practice his breathing and eating.
When I came to see Cathy today, we went up to the NICU to see her baby. Mind you, this is the same NICU that Spencer was in for 59 days. I might have had a little bit of a panic attack as we went through those doors but the full effect hit me when I walked by our old cell in C-pod. Ugh.
Then I saw one of our nurses, Lori. We hugged. Blah blah blah. I got to see Cathy's baby, he is gorgeous! I don't have any pictures to post yet because I left my camera with her. I'll post them when I get my camera back.
All this brought me back to the all familiar place I was about a year and a half ago. Although the feelings have diminished and I have mostly good memories of the NICU, the weight is still very heavy.
Our little Spencer. What a fighter.
I know you've all seen it before. But click HERE to see it again.
1 comment:
OHHHHH Marla! I think I might break down at the doors... I'm glad your friend's baby is doing well. Any time at all spent in the NICU by anyone is forever etched in your memory.
Our memories are just a little more vivid.
Post a Comment